The world is moving so fast with the invention of new technologies. Similarly, traditional cosmetic instruments are gradually becoming absolute, and innovation is coming into the cosmetic industry. In the cosmetic industry, “Airbrush Makeup” is one of the unavoidable inventions. Though it has been a half-century since its invention, it is still considered a new and convenient technology. Most people are still unfamiliar with this technology and are using the traditional makeup style.
Before you know the details, first, you need to know what an airbrush makeup is.
What is Airbrush Makeup?
Airbrush makeup is an innovative formula and professional technique which involves spraying foundation straight onto the skin with the help of an airbrush device/gun. It is a controversy over the traditional method of using sponges and brushes. In this innovative technique, there is a specially formulated makeup that is loaded into a handheld device and sprays that provide fine mist and a natural look to the skin. With this technique, it is easy to get flawless and quick makeup with an enhancement of natural beauty.
Pros and Cons of Airbrush Makeup
- Due to the silicone-based technology, it is long-lasting.
- It is more waterproof than traditional makeup.
- It provides a pretty flawless look compared to regular makeup.
- It is a better option when you are shooting in front of an HD camera.
- It is easily blended as compared to traditional makeup.
- It is a better choice for all skin types but it best one for oily skin.
- It is best for covering uneven skin tone.
- It is best for providing a natural look.
- It is more hygienic than traditional as no one will touch your skin to apply makeup.
- It is quick to apply to the skin.
- It is more expensive than traditional makeup.
- Airbrush makeup is less suitable for dry skin. It is less moist than regular makeup.
- The skin should be well-hydrated/wet before using this otherwise it can be flaky.
- It is not good at hiding acne.
- There is a limited colour range and few brands (offering airbrush makeup).
- After applying this on your skin, you will get difficulty in touch ups as it is difficult to reapply this on your skin.
- It can be difficult to apply by an ordinary person, only experts can apply this to skin.
- It is less covering the breakouts and scars on the skin.
Airbrush makeup is a great option but doesn’t favor dry skin types. You can always count on airbrush makeup if you have well-moisturized and hydrated skin but if your skin is on the driver’s side you should be the one avoiding it as it is less creamy and can enhance patches. Moreover, airbrush makeup doesn’t work well with sunburn and excess facial hair because it will pick up fine hair like morning dew. It is not so easy to re-blend airbrush makeup, so if tears stream down your cheek it would be really difficult to re-create your flawless look as it will break the bond and will make your skin look scabrous. This makeup offers significant coverage but is limited in shade range and also not many brands offer it. Airbrush makeup is typically more costly than traditional makeup, as makeup artists consider it an add-on service.
Why is the Airbrush Bridal Makeup the Best Option for Your Big Day?
On your big day, it’s a given that a gorgeous traditional outfit and sparkling jewels are going to make you a vision. But if they aren’t paired with flawless makeup, it’s bound to be all in vain!
Nowadays, airbrush bridal makeup has become the go-to option for many soon-to-be brides. It is a professional technique that uses a specially made airbrush to apply makeup onto the skin, giving it many more benefits than traditionally applied makeup.
Airbrush bridal makeup is silicon-based, meaning it clings to your skin tightly. You won’t need those annoying touch-ups every few hours! Plus, the extra resistance will allow your makeup to last throughout your wedding day!
Flawless – This one word is assuredly the best definition for airbrush makeup. After all, the finish of the application is amazingly chic. There is no sign of brush strokes on the skin as the sprayed mist blends seamlessly together.
Layering is Simple
One of the best selling points of airbrush bridal makeup is undoubtedly the method of application. It’s all on you! Since the makeup is applied in thin layers, you can choose how many layers you want.
Want delicate highlights? No problem at all! Or maybe you want full-face coverage? No need to worry because that too is easily achievable.
Less is More
The technical aspect of airbrush bridal makeup comes into play here. Since the makeup is sprayed directly onto the face, you can get away with applying less makeup and still get the coverage you want.
Tips for using Airbrush makeup
- If you are a beginner, it is best to practice first on a piece of paper with different pressure settings and levels of triggers.
- There are various airbrush makeup formulas; water-based, silicone-based, and alcohol- based; choose that formula that best suits your skin.
- Do not mix the different formulas, as this mix-up is harmful to dry skin.
- Keep your hair away from this to avoid spraying makeup on it.
- Shake the makeup bottle properly before putting it in the spray device.
- Before using, read the instructions provided by the product manufacturers.
Airbrush bridal makeup can cost a hefty amount, but you don’t get married every day! You’re sure to be a show-stopper in your bridal attire with flawless airbrush makeup. However, be sure to hire a good makeup artist since airbrush makeup can be a little tricky to apply.